A few months ago, I was asked to answer a few questions in regards to my personal experiences with healthcare & racism by WeGo Health.
The questions were as follows:
- Have you had an experience of racism from your healthcare provider? If yes, can you talk about that and how it made you feel?
- Did this experience affect your impressions of the treatment plan in any way? If yes, how so?
- Do you think this encounter, or others like it, have affected your overall impression of the healthcare system? If yes, how so? Has it affected your trust in the healthcare system? Do you think it has impacted your emotional and/or physical health?
- Has the pandemic had any impact on the quality of the healthcare you receive? Explain.
- What would health care without bias or racism look like to you?
Take a listen to my recorded responses below. Have you ever had a similar experience? Tell me about it in the comments!